SEFEC’S Engineering will manage its activities to continuously improve its Health and Safety Performance in conformance with OHSAS 18000.
It is the policy of SEFEC Engineering to carry out its operation in such a manner as to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its employees, and others (including Visitors, Contractors, and the Public) who may be affected by its operations.
The concept of best environmental options and duty of care will be adopted as guiding principles in the development of the SEFEC’S environmental management system and targets of improvement and further enhancement will be defined. Progress towards their attainment will be assessed through planned programmes of monitoring and auditing.
Accordingly the company will:
- Seek to conserve Manpower, material resources through efficient use and careful planning.
- Carry out an Environmental Impact assessment of any significant new development, activity and procedure.
- Reused as much material as possible from the fabrication and paint processes.
- Disposed of waste, particularly special and hazardous waste, in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate monitoring system in order to monitor progress towards targets and confirm where appropriate.
- Make all employees aware of the company’s environmental commitment, provide suitable instruction and allocate clear responsibilities.
- Produce emergency plans, which will prevent or minimize pollution in the event of an environmental incident.
- Make contractors aware of their environmental responsibilities.